MACtacCreativeAwards.com is a website designed to showcase MACtac wide format media in real life applications. According to their website:
MACtac Creative Awards is a contest open to all users of MACtac products, who wish to put their creations forward. Projects you submit that are posted on the MACtac Creative Awards collaborative platform are put to the vote by a professional jury and the general public. Projects will be judged on the basis of 3 criteria : INNOVATION, IMPACT and DESIGN.
To submit a project or recieve more information, visit https://www.mactaccreativeawards.com
Unless you happen to be a talented artist with the ability to paint a life-like 3-D floor mural, producing a 3-D floor graphic might seem like a daunting and unattainable task. Fortunately, thanks to programs like Adobe Photoshop and today’s printing technology (Also See The Benefits of the New HP Latex Printers), 3-D floor graphics can be produced with several high resolution images and some basic photo editing skills.
3D Floor Graphics give life to any room – dramatically transforming the interior of a home or office by incorporating stimulating life-like imagery. 3D Floor Graphics will stimulate and ignite endless conversion. Originally used in retail and corporate settings, floor graphics are the latest interior design trend.
Ideally, a home floor graphic should last years, withstand vehicle & heavy foot traffic, and be slip and tear resistant.
3-D printed Floor Graphic Inspiration – Here are several 3-D floor graphics that were produced using photography:
Applications for inkjet printable floor graphics range from retail and commercial to residential and architectural design. Determining the intended longevity of the floor graphic is vital when selecting inkjet media for a floor graphic project.
For this post, we will examine several high-durability floor graphic media options and their benefits.
Jeff Stadelman and Jason Yard from MACtac discuss three different floor graphic applications: tile flooring, carpet, and concrete.
- Floor graphics can be used for a variety of applications including sales messages in malls and grocery stores, safety messages on concrete floors and factories, to finishing lines at sporting events.
- Select media depending on the surface.
- It is very important to laminate the graphic to protect the image as well as to offer a slip-resistant surface.
- In many public settings, it is recommended your floor graphic media meets ASTM C1028 (Standard Test Method for Determining the Static Coefficient of Friction of Ceramic Tile and Other Like Surfaces by the Horizontal Dynamometer Pull-Meter Method)
- When printing with Solvent, Eco-Solvent, and Latex inks, allow 24 Hrs for all ink to dry before laminting.
Tile Floor Graphics
- Use media with removable adhesive such as JT5828R or RB528R
- First, clean the floor with a good detergent and water and then wipe down with isopropyl alcohol and allow to completely dry.
- Things to remember with floor graphics: Don’t overlap layers. Multiple layers can cause a tripping hazard. Round all the corners of the graphic. Sharp corners can get caught on cleaning equipment like mops or rotary scrubbers. Finally, seal the edges especially if mechanical cleaning will be involved.
Carpet Floor Graphics
- JT5828 HTO cohesively aggressive media suitable for carpet graphics – this means less time to come up and all the adhesive will stay with the graphic and will not stain the carpet.
- Vacuum the carpet to prepare for the graphic install.
- Like the tile install, make sure all corners of the graphic are rounded to avoid tripping hazards.
- StreetRap is the recommended MACtac media for concrete and asphalt graphics.
- Unsealed concrete and asphalt surfaces only! If StreetRap is applied to sealed concrete surfaces, the graphic will probably not be removable.
- Media for concrete and asphalt graphics should be able to withstand harsh weather and heavy foot traffic.
- Brush off the surface before the graphic is applied but do not power wash the surface. Make sure the application temperature is above 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If the graphic is laid down over a seam, be sure to go back and relief cut.
- Push down firmly with squeegee or roller to make sure graphic is properly adhered to the surface.
FloorSignage, LLC was honored yet again at the 2014 SGIA expo Las Vagas, taking home two Product of the Year awards for AlumiGraphics Smooth in the following categories: Digital Inkjet Media – Vinyl and Digital Inkjet Media – Non-PVC.
In 2013, FloorSignage was awarded Product of the Year for their flagship product, AlumiGraphics® GRIP. Foil-based media is quickly becoming one of the industry’s top-performing products and FloorSignage is leading the way with AlumiGraphics®!
The SGIA’s Product of the Year competition showcases digital imaging products that keep the specialty imaging industry moving forward. Product of the Year winners benefit from worldwide recognition and the ability to market their product as a winner of this prestigious competition.
AlumiGraphics Image Gallery
AlumiGraphics Application Gallery:
Innovation, intrigue, and uniqueness all come to mind when individuals in the wide format printing industry first learn of AlumiGraphics – a pliable aluminum foil with a white finish that accepts solvent, eco-solvent, latex and UV inks. The result is a highly conformable and durable media that make it superior to vinyl and other substrates.
AlumiGraphics offers two print surfaces, AlumiGraphics Grip, ideal for asphalt, brick, and concrete and AlumiGraphics Smooth, ideal for exterior brick, stucco, and cement walls.
AlumiGraphics has quickly gained the attention of others in the wide format print industry. AlumiGraphics® GRIP received the award Product of the Year at the 2013 SGIA Expo in the Media for Digital Inkjet Film category. It was chosen out of over 100 entries in 21 categories – proving the hype is well deserved.
Pretty Pool Covers (www.prettypoolcovers.com), located in Sag Harbor, NY is a startup company that specializes in custom pool printed covers featuring a variety of unique illustions. According to their website, Pretty Pool Covers started after “Dreading the closing of our pool once again we hunted for an alternative to our patchwork green safety cover.”
With help from Merritt Graphics (www.merrittgraphics.com), a print shop located in East Hartford, Connecticut, Pretty Pool Covers creates unique mesh pool covers that are sure to give customers an uplifting alternative to the typical bland green, blue or grey covers that protect the pool during the winter months. Merritt Graphics prints the pool covers on a Matan Barak 8Q UV printer using Ultra Flex 70/30 mesh banner material.
Summer is here, so its the perfect time to take a look at some inspiring outdoor graphics. These vehicle wraps, wall wraps, window graphics and street graphics should get you in the mood for summer in no time!
Watch a complete floor graphic install from start to finish:
Vinyl Floor Graphic Install Tips:
*If possible, consult a professional installer*
- Lay out graphic before your install
- Start with a smooth surface – clean the floor, grind down seems with a concrete grinder, fill and level divots in floor
- Preregister seems with masking tape in order to keep it from moving as the seem is double-cut
- Make sure graphic is cut straight and print cut lines onto the graphic
In recent years, large format digital printing has found its place in the world of architectural and interior design. Artists and interior designers are using wall murals, floor graphics, and window graphics to create amazing interior and exterior spaces.
Below are several examples of interior and exterior spaces that have incorporated large format graphics and offer major visual impact.