Floor graphics need to withstand scuffing from heavy foot traffic, moisture, and other environmental elements such as UV exposure.
Durability: For heavy foot traffic, choose a film in the 4-6+ mil thickness range.
Safety: Look for a laminating film that is slip resistant and will meet various safety standards required for public applications such as ASTM C-1028.
For more, see Overlaminates for Floor Graphics
This week, our site sponsor DaVinci Technologies offers their top picks for Floor Graphics Print Media. For a limited time, they will offer Alumigraphics Grip at a special discounted price. Click here for more information.
INVITATION DETAILS: As a recipient of this email you can buy a 6 month image subscription for just $199 (instead of the yearly price of $395). You still get full access to every file; including vehicle templates, high resolution photography, vectors and wraps. This is a unique opportunity to try this product without the yearly pricing!
Interested in creating stunning floor graphics? Use stock photography to get started.
Using vinyl wraps and other similar print media as an element of architectural design has become an increasingly popular trend. They can truly transform an environment. Recently, we have come across some creative ways wraps are being used to transform hospitals and schools. An MRI room, for instance, can be a scary place for children – take a look at some of the images below and see how these spaces were transformed:
MACtacCreativeAwards.com is a website designed to showcase MACtac wide format media in real life applications. According to their website:
MACtac Creative Awards is a contest open to all users of MACtac products, who wish to put their creations forward. Projects you submit that are posted on the MACtac Creative Awards collaborative platform are put to the vote by a professional jury and the general public. Projects will be judged on the basis of 3 criteria : INNOVATION, IMPACT and DESIGN.
To submit a project or recieve more information, visit https://www.mactaccreativeawards.com
Unless you happen to be a talented artist with the ability to paint a life-like 3D floor mural, producing a 3D floor graphic might seem like a daunting and unattainable task. Fortunately, thanks to programs like Adobe Photoshop and today’s printing technologies (Also See The Benefits of the New HP Latex Printers), 3-D floor graphics can be produced with several high resolution images and some basic photo editing skills.
3D Floor Graphics give life to any room – dramatically transforming the interior of a home or office by incorporating stimulating life-like imagery. 3D Floor Graphics will stimulate and ignite endless conversion. Originally used in retail and corporate settings, floor graphics are the latest interior design trend.
Ideally, a home floor graphic should last years, withstand vehicle & heavy foot traffic, and be slip and tear resistant.
3-D printed Floor Graphic Inspiration – Here are several 3-D floor graphics that were produced using photography:
Applications for inkjet printable floor graphics range from retail and commercial to residential and architectural design. Determining the intended longevity of the floor graphic is vital when selecting inkjet media for a floor graphic project.
For this post, we will examine several high-durability floor graphic media options and their benefits.
Jeff Stadelman and Jason Yard from MACtac discuss three different floor graphic applications: tile flooring, carpet, and concrete.
- Floor graphics can be used for a variety of applications including sales messages in malls and grocery stores, safety messages on concrete floors and factories, to finishing lines at sporting events.
- Select media depending on the surface.
- It is very important to laminate the graphic to protect the image as well as to offer a slip-resistant surface.
- In many public settings, it is recommended your floor graphic media meets ASTM C1028 (Standard Test Method for Determining the Static Coefficient of Friction of Ceramic Tile and Other Like Surfaces by the Horizontal Dynamometer Pull-Meter Method)
- When printing with Solvent, Eco-Solvent, and Latex inks, allow 24 Hrs for all ink to dry before laminting.
Tile Floor Graphics
- Use media with removable adhesive such as JT5828R or RB528R
- First, clean the floor with a good detergent and water and then wipe down with isopropyl alcohol and allow to completely dry.
- Things to remember with floor graphics: Don’t overlap layers. Multiple layers can cause a tripping hazard. Round all the corners of the graphic. Sharp corners can get caught on cleaning equipment like mops or rotary scrubbers. Finally, seal the edges especially if mechanical cleaning will be involved.
Carpet Floor Graphics
- JT5828 HTO cohesively aggressive media suitable for carpet graphics – this means less time to come up and all the adhesive will stay with the graphic and will not stain the carpet.
- Vacuum the carpet to prepare for the graphic install.
- Like the tile install, make sure all corners of the graphic are rounded to avoid tripping hazards.
- StreetRap is the recommended MACtac media for concrete and asphalt graphics.
- Unsealed concrete and asphalt surfaces only! If StreetRap is applied to sealed concrete surfaces, the graphic will probably not be removable.
- Media for concrete and asphalt graphics should be able to withstand harsh weather and heavy foot traffic.
- Brush off the surface before the graphic is applied but do not power wash the surface. Make sure the application temperature is above 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If the graphic is laid down over a seam, be sure to go back and relief cut.
- Push down firmly with squeegee or roller to make sure graphic is properly adhered to the surface.
FloorSignage, LLC was honored yet again at the 2014 SGIA expo Las Vagas, taking home two Product of the Year awards for AlumiGraphics Smooth in the following categories: Digital Inkjet Media – Vinyl and Digital Inkjet Media – Non-PVC.
In 2013, FloorSignage was awarded Product of the Year for their flagship product, AlumiGraphics® GRIP. Foil-based media is quickly becoming one of the industry’s top-performing products and FloorSignage is leading the way with AlumiGraphics®!
The SGIA’s Product of the Year competition showcases digital imaging products that keep the specialty imaging industry moving forward. Product of the Year winners benefit from worldwide recognition and the ability to market their product as a winner of this prestigious competition.
AlumiGraphics Image Gallery